Thursday, January 21, 2016

Not Quite an Introduction

First Impressions..
  Impression- (n) an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without      conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence.
They're not always real
They don't last
and they're never deep

I've been asked to give you my introduction. I know a little bit about those.
In my life I've been introduced to a close family, a couple different jobs, too many cats, and never enough music. But this isn't quite an introduction, it's merely a first impression.

First impressions aren't always real.

I could lie- say I'm a 6'2 male who just moved from Arizona and loves to bake. I could convince you I always keep my room clean and never fight with my mom. Maybe you'd even believe it.

First impressions don't last

I don't remember first conversations. They always seem to be overwritten with the meaningful stuff.

But most importantly; first impressions are never deep.

So please, don't expect me to tell you my hardest trials, my best days, my goals or anything a semi-close friend wouldn't know about me. I'm not going to reveal who I've loved or even what movies make me cry. That's the good stuff. (we'll get to that later) And this is just a first impression.


Hello, my name is Tahlia Barnett and I love the Fall. Blue is my favorite color and yellow is my least. I read a good amount but I never write. yikes. I prefer diet soda. I absolutely love Utah. [Insert more useless information here].

I think that's enough for now. Thanks for listening. I promise I'm not a negative person.
Stay Tuned.














11 comments:

  1. "I read a good amount but I never write. yikes."

    This means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and I'll be keeping an eye on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color is blue too! great first post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this.

    "They always seem to be overwritten with the meaningful stuff" it's really true and a great way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll get to that later

    I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES THIS IS WHAT A FIRST IMPRESSION IS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know what first impressions are, but you sure made a great one on me! excited for your words :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diet soda is fantastic and so is this post. First impressions may not last but you've definitely made a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how you can talk about serious things & little simple things at the same time

    ReplyDelete