Saturday, March 12, 2016

Saturday

Today is Saturday. 
No work, school, or responsibilty, but the Earth is still orbiting around the sun and life can't be put on hold. 

Today is Saturday and this morning I was excited.
Breakfast and smiles shared with friends are making me feel naive now.

He was a son, a brother, a new engineer, a climber, and I just saw him last night. 

The truth is that tragedy has never owned a calendar and while we take weekends off, it most certainly does not. 

Tragedy is overworked and it's probably exhausted. 
It strikes and it strikes and it strikes- 
But it doesn't care that today is Saturday.  

Please, tragedy, give yourself a day off. 


He was kind, smart, and he will be missed dearly. 



r.i.p


(from a hike we did together last summer)








3 comments:

  1. "The truth is that tragedy has never owned a calendar and while we take weekends off, it most certainly does not."

    #stolen this was amazing and I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Please, tragedy, give yourself a day off." I love this line, i feel you. This is one of the best posts I've read today.

    ReplyDelete