Sunday, May 22, 2016

SOMETHING ELSE...

Every blog post we've submitted came with the question- "anything else?" 
My responses usually went something like this:

No
It's raining
I just baked a cake
No 
Sjeuxjskwnds 
Lovely weather we're having 
I gotta take a shower see ya
Nah

Pretty boring stuff. 
So when I saw the prompt this week was, "anything else?" My initial reaction was "no."

BUT- I owe it to myself, this class, and mr. Nelson to write SOMETHING else.
So here it goes. Let's do a recap. Time to reflect. 

Sophomore year: I was a cheerleader. I had friends in high places and I thought life was just too dang easy. This was both the greatest and worst year of my life. I learned so much about myself and realized I was not happy. I owe this partly to my English 10 class. (Writing, meeting new people, mr. Nelson, gettin real, etc.) this year ended on a very high note. 

Junior year: First year without the "cheerleader security blanket". It was awesome. I felt like I had a million more true friends than I ever had before. Felt like myself. High school was becoming a really good learning experience and I was having fun. 

Senior year: ahhhh being a senior is dumb. It's overrated and senioritis is real. I am partly to blame but by now I feel like I've just been here too long. I've learned so much here at good ol' lone peak that I really just want to move on. I feel like my high school career should have ended my jr year. But hey, that means Im pretty pumped to graduate on Friday:):)


High school is up and down and we all go through it at a different pace. I'm so thankful for the people I've met and the lessons I've learned.

2 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talking about.

    Gonna miss you, Lila. You're one of the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rawness of this.
    'had more true friends than I ecer had before' love moments like these.

    ReplyDelete